Sunday, June 05, 2011

Physiology Exam

Yesterday I finished my board exam for physiology. Many of the questions give little clinical vignettes about a patient and then ask a (sometimes) related question. Some of the more memorable patients presented included a college age man who had just eaten 100 bananas (he was trying to break the world record) and a 16-year old girl who was 18-weeks pregnant, drinks 2 beers a week, and just started running on her high school track team and was wondering why she was so tired. After the test, several of my classmates and I laughed about some of these characters and their presentations. The best part is that these patients are not in any way abnormal or exaggerations, in fact these cases are mild compared to what I've seen in real life in the emergency room.

No comments: